See All News
United Central Control-San Antonio, TX Renews “CSAA Five Diamond Central Station Certification” 25-May-2011 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Monique Silverio
CSAA Director of Marketing & Communications 703-242-4670, x.16
Vienna, VA, April 8, 2011—The Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) is pleased to announce that United Central Control-San Antonio, TX has renewed the prestigious “CSAA Five Diamond Certification.”
This Certification testifies that 100% of their central station operators have achieved proficiency and certification by passing the CSAA Central Station On-Line Operator Training Course. These courses cover virtually all phases of central station communications with customers, law enforcement, fire and emergency services communications centers. This critical area of communications is the life-saving link between the residential or business properties and the law enforcement, fire and emergency services in local areas.
In order to achieve the “Five Diamond Certification,” each and every operator must have not only passed the course, but demonstrated:
- Proficiency in alarm verification, which helps reduce false alarms;
- Proficiency in communications with the Public Service Answering Points, such as the Emergency 911 centers;
- Knowledge of electronic communications equipment, including radio;
- An understanding of the codes and standards of such organizations as Underwriters Laboratories, Factory Mutual, the National Fire Protection Association and others; and
- Proficiency in the area of emergency preparedness under a wide scenario of possibilities.
There are approximately 2,700 central stations in the United States, which communicate and interact with the law enforcement, fire and emergency services agencies. Of this group, fewer than one hundred fifty central stations have achieved the “Five Diamond Certified” status.
The Central Station Alarm Association (CSAA) is a 61 year-old non-profit trade association that represents the major burglar and fire alarm central monitoring stations. CSAA is located in Vienna, Virginia, outside of Washington, D.C.